Founded in 1974, Centrum produces multi-disciplinary artist workshops, intensives, and residencies on 434 acres of parkland at Fort Worden State Park on Puget Sound in the Victorian seaport community of Port Townsend, Washington. As we plan for our 50th anniversary in 2023, we seek a support person for the organization and its programs as a member of the Finance Department. Centrum produces weeklong workshops and residencies year-round with a staff of 14 full-time and 7 part-time staff.
The Operations Associate and Box Office Manager functions as primary support for the Operations Department, with particular focus on box office management and occasional volunteer management. The Box Office Manager will also assist with front office/reception duties, database management, customer service and other projects as assigned. This is a critical position that requires excellent attention to detail, project management, computer literacy and organizational skills.
The weekly hours for this position will include a set office schedule of Monday – Friday, 10 AM – 4:30 PM, and additional hours required at Centrum’s ticketed and fundraising events.
- Proven knowledge and experience working with public safety in event venues.
- Two to four years of experience with volunteer activities or other office administration, with at least one year managing 50 or more volunteers in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
- Associate degree with course work in non-profit management or administration preferred.
- Facility with data entry, Excel spreadsheets and distribution lists, and use of Internet for communication and research purposes.
- Experience working in a deadline driven environment while handling multiple priorities.
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must be willing and able to work weekdays, weekends and evenings when needed.
- Successful completion of a background check.